Mobile Check Capture
Make a deposit into your account by taking pictures of the front and back of the checks you receive.
Mobile Deposit Endorsement Change
As of July 1, 2018, a change has been required to your endorsement on the back of your mobile check deposits. Your signature and "For Mobile Deposit Only" will be required for all checks deposited with our mobile app.
Unfortunately, if you deposit a check through the mobile app without this endorsement, the check will be returned and your deposit will be rejected due to "back endorsement incomplete."
To help ensure that your checks are deposited conveniently and quickly using our mobile app, please begin using this endorsement as soon as possible. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you. This new endorsement requirement is a result of a banking regulation change.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How can I enroll in Mobile Deposit?
A: Sign into your Online Banking account, under the 'Services' tab, scroll down to 'Mobile Check Capture' and click on the green plus sign to enroll. Accept the disclosure and the service will now be available through the mobile app. If you use an iPhone, the 'Deposits' icon will appear on your mobile app homepage at the bottom of your screen once enrolled. If using an Android, the 'Deposits' icon will appear at the top of your screen. See detailed instructions here.
Q: Is depositing my check with a mobile device safe?
A: Yes. They link between your mobile device and our Mobile Deposit site is completely secure and protected through the mobile link.
Q: Which devices support Mobile Deposit?
A: Mobile Deposit is supported by Apple and Android mobile phones.
Q: How should I endorse a Mobile Deposit check?
A: Your signature and "For Mobile Deposit Only" is required for all checks deposited through the mobile app. Checks deposited without this endorsement will be returned and your deposit will be rejected due to "back endorsement incomplete."
Q: What dollar limits apply to Mobile Deposit?
A: You may make as many mobile deposits as needed. However, there is a dollar limit per check of $2,000 and a daily limit of $5,000. Each Mobile Deposit includes one deposited check only.
Q: When are the funds available from a Mobile Deposit?
A: Mobile Deposit funds are generally available within two business days (excluding Saturdays and holidays).
Q: I have a check made payable to someone else. Can I deposit it into my account?
A: No. This is considered a third-party check. Only checks made payable to the account holder(s) are accepted.
Q: Can I make a deposit with a check payable to myself and another party who is not a joint owner on the account?
A: No. Those payable on the check must be joint on the account.
Q: What types of checks can I deposit?
A: You can deposit any check drawn on a U.S. financial institution. The following items cannot be deposited using Mobile Deposit:
- International Checks
- U.S. Savings Bonds
Q: My check was written more than six months ago. Can I still deposit it?
A: No. The check is considered "stale-dated." You should request to have the person who issued the check reissue it with a current date.
Q: Can I deposit a check that is postdated (for the future)?
A: No. Postdated checks are not legal to deposit. Mobile Deposit will reject the check.
Q: What should I do with my paper check after depositing?
A: When you receive confirmation that the credit union received the image, it is recommended to securely store the original check for 30 days after transmission to OUR Credit Union. This provides you with access to the check if needed during that period. Once the funds are available, you may write "VOID" on the check, and/or destroy the original paper check.
Q: What would the credit union request to me to keep the paper check?
A: OUR Credit Union recommends you to keep the check in case the mobile deposit is not accepted.
Q: Are there any fees associated with mobile deposit?
A: Fees can be assessed if a check is returned for NSF, closed account, etc. If you have any questions, please contact OUR Credit Union at 248-549-3838.
Q: What are the cut off times for deposits made with Mobile Deposit?
A: Mobile Deposits confirmed as received before 2:30 PM Eastern Time on a business day will be credited to your account the same day. Deposits confirmed as received after 2:30 PM and deposits confirmed received on holidays or days that are not OUR business days will be credited to your account on the following business day. Saturdays and holidays are excluded as business days.
Q: What do I do if Mobile Deposit is unavailable?
A: Mobile Deposit may be unavailable temporarily due to system maintenance or technical difficulties, including those of the Internet service provider, cellular service provider, and Internet software. In the event that Mobile Deposit is unavailable, you may deposit original checks at our branches, through our ATMs, or by mailing the original check to: OUR Credit Union, 3070 Normandy Rd., Royal Oak, MI, 48073.
1. To enroll for Mobile Deposit, sign into your Online Banking account, under the 'Services' tab, scroll down to 'Mobile Check Capture' and click on the green plus sign to enroll. Accept the disclosure and the service will now be available through the mobile app.
2. Once enrolled, log into the OUR Credit Union Mobile App.
3. Click 'Deposits' at the bottom (for iPhones) or top (for Androids) of your screen (picture of a check with an arrow pointing down). Select either New Deposit to deposit a new check, or View Deposit History to see past eDeposit transactions.
4. Under 'Account', select which OUR CU account you'd like the check deposited into.
5. Under 'Amount', enter the dollar amount the check is written for. Click Continue.
6. Sign/Endorse the back of the check and write "for Mobile Deposit".
7. Take a picture of the front of the check by clicking the camera button in the lower right of your screen. You can preview the image to ensure it is legible. You also have the option to retake the photo if necessary. Select "Use" to proceed.
8. Take a picture of the back of your check by clicking the camera button in the lower right of your screen. NOTE: Be sure the back of the check is endorsed. You can preview the image to ensure it is legible. You also have the option to retake the photo if necessary. Select "Use" to proceed.
9. Once the pictures have been taken, you are able to confirm the information of the Mobile Deposit. Click "Yes" to deposit the check.
10. Deposit Pending: Funds will normally transfer within two business days (excluding Saturdays, Sundays & Holidays). After you receive confirmation that we have received the images, you must securely store the original check for 30 days after transmission to us to ensure the original check is accessible to OUR CU at our request.